As a Database QA Engineer with the Information Management (IM) team you will help deliver solutions that give PEMCO competitive advantages in the highly data-centric insurance market. You will work closely with data engineers and data analysts to plan, create, execute, and maintain test cases for a variety of data warehousing, data integration, reporting and analytical solutions. You will help design and develop test automation that enables the IM team to deliver faster while ensuring that our solutions provide accurate, timely, and relevant information.
- Plan, develop, and execute test strategies.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance test suites to verify the validity and accuracy of ETL processes.
- Troubleshoot, log, and regress bugs associated with new functionality and sustainment updates.
- Collaborate with data engineers and analysts on troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Coordinate with other testers, developers, project managers, and business subject matter experts, through the test execution.
- Design and develop test automation solutions to increase team velocity.
- Prepare builds and deployment instructions and work with DBAs on production releases.
- Minimum 6 years database testing experience involving ETL, SSIS, Stored Procedures, and schema design using MS SQL Server 2012 or later.
- Expert data analysis skills using SQL.
- Ability to effectively apply various test methodologies based on objectives and requirements.
- Ability to refine high-level design ideas and requirements into concrete and measurable test criteria.
- Demonstrated strengths in development of test plans, test cases, test strategy, and test automation.
- Visual Studio Team Services
- Experience with Agile development methodologies